Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School, Back to Blogging!

September is here and that means the kids are back at school and I am back to blogging! Didya miss me?

It was a pretty calm morning for the first day of school with the kids going to different schools for the first time. Buddy will continue at Grace Christian and is excited to begin 5th grade with a new teacher and a couple of new kids in the class. Darlin' begins 7th grade today at Plumstead Christian and was nervously excited when I drove her to school for the first time this morning. She looked so pretty in her khaki pants, pink PCS shirt (our first time with school uniforms!), cute plaid flats and a new hair-do!

Hard to believe she's in middle school ... sniff ... sniff. Over the weekend we watched a few home videos of when she was turning two. How adorable! Instead of "cookie" she would say "tootie", so I've been lovingly referring to her as my "tootie" girl. They grow up too fast ... but I digress ....

Unlike our usually hurried mornings of the past, today ran quite smoothly. All up by 6:15 a.m. (quite a feat after getting up between 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. for the past few months!), lunches packed, piano played, a sit down breakfast at 6:50 a.m. with the WHOLE family (wow! I don't think that's ever happened on a school day - usually I eat after everyone is gone!), obligatory pictures taken on the way out the door to commemorate the first day of school, on the road at 7:22 a.m. to arrive at school at 7:46 a.m. with 20 minutes to spare! Yahoo! Considering we usually arrive with only a few minutes to go, this is something to celebrate. Now we just have to keep the momentum going for the rest of the school year ... yikes!

Well, I'm glad to get back to the blogging world again and have a little outlet for myself. It's been a very busy summer for me. It was sandwiched with sorrow, but was filled with joy in between. Kinda like an Oreo "tootie", only I love the chocolate and don't care for the filling, so maybe I should come up with a better metaphor!

This summer was full of celebrations: both our children becoming communicant members, Darlin' graduating from 6th grade, a wedding each month (from May to November!), bridal showers, baby showers, birthdays and a new baby cousin! In addition we were able to travel to Pittsburgh for one of the weddings (and as a result buy a new van which we are enjoying immensely!), take many trips to the Jersey shore, go to some water parks, spend lots of time in the pool, camp in the back yard and enjoy the campfire and s'mores, finally figure out how to cook on the grill successfully, host pool parties, attend a local Polish-American festival and create lots of great family memories!

Hope you all had a wonderful summer too and I look forward to getting back into a blogging routine and catching up with everyone!

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Hi!! Yes, I have missed your posts. I was afraid you had given up blogging for good. Glad to see it was just a summer vacation! :-)