Monday, February 25, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

This morning my dear cub was dressed a bit like a character out of Oliver. Tattered sweatshirt that was 2 inches too small in the arms, sweat pants that were two sizes too short and sticky-uppy hair in all directions (drat! I neglected to fix that one - hopefully the spiked hair will be cool today!)

I asked Buddy to change and handed him a pile of clean clothes from which to choose (and hopefully also put away!) He just looked at me, smiled and sighed, "Thank you, dearest Mother."

This remark brightened my groggy-still-waking-up-mood and warmed me heart. Yes, he said this sincerely and without a hint of sarcasm. . .imagine that. Of course, this sincerity probably stems from the fact that most of the family is usually searching for clean clothes nearly every morning, because the gazillion loads of laundry that I seem to do constantly are always the wrong piles and he was just glad to have some clean clothes that actually fit him! It's a never ending saga - laundry is my nemesis. Deep breath. Right now, however, I will choose to put that negativity behind me while I throw another load of laundry in and enjoy the appreciative comment from my adorable cub!

That moment with my son made me think of Proverbs 31:28, where it states: "Her children arise and call her blessed...." It's nice to see a glimpse of the Proverbs 31 woman in my life as I feel that I am daily failing miserably at achieving the character described in that pericope. Also, I am reminded of the fact that I want to commit Proverbs 31 to memory this year. So, as I've previously done verses 1-9, I'll start with verse 10:

A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

Mmmm, wonder how much I'm worth?

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I'm lucky if I'm worth a topaz today. My little bear had to wear church clothes to school today b/c he had no clean school pants. Greaaaaat.